Plantasens® Flash 80 and 100 are two powerful alternatives to light emollients like D5 and isohexadecane that make light work of satisfying green beauty trends.
With Plantasens® Flash, Clariant introduces a new technology for making cosmetic ingredients that enables the creation of extraordinary textures from natural materials. We take a look at the first two products using this groundbreaking method; Flash 80 and 100.
At a glance…
|Plantasens® Flash 80
|Plantasens® Flash 100
|● Fast absorption in deodorants● Super light after-feel in cleansing liquids
● Perfect delivery of multi-functional ingredients
● Better sensory, shine and volume in shampoos
|● Smoothness in body lotions, mousses and deodorants● Radiant and luminous coverage in foundations
● Uniform delivery of inorganic pigments and sun filters
● Improved colour intensity and homogenous coverage in make-up formulations
|● Transparent micellar shampoo● Deeply penetrating liquid crystal emulsions
● Deodorants: stick, roll-on
● Disciplining shampoo
● Straightening conditioner
|● Smoothing masks, body lotions and mousses● Face creams for a dewy look
● Light sunscreen textures
● High SPF protection
● Foundation liquids
● Lipstick formulations
● Detangling lotion
● Antiperspirants, deodorants
Plantasens® Flash 80: a weightless silicone substitute with weighty green advantages
Plantasens® Flash 80 is a lightweight emollient that combines fast spreading with a satin-like after-feel. It’s the perfect alternative to light emollients like D5. It provides short playtime, a luminous but not glossy film, weightless textures and comforting sensory characteristics.
- Perfectly matches the feel and spreadability of cyclopentasiloxane (D5)
- Provides a volatile texture with a non-oily luminosity and soft finish
- Imparts a superlight after-feel to cleansing liquids
- Facilitates delivery of double-purpose functional ingredients
- Ensures high-speed spreading and instant absorption in roll-on and stick deodorants
- Efficiently enhances the feel, shine and volume in shampoos
- Improves both dry and wet combing characteristics when compared to other silicones such as amodimethicone, dimethicone and D5
- Also superior to C13–15 alkanes of Plantasens® Flash 100 in dry/wet combing
- Outperforms silicones in dry combing tests when used in leave-in conditioner formulations.
Plantasens® Flash 100: extra playtime and an extra smooth and cozy after-feel
Plantasens® Flash 100 is a lightweight emollient combining fast spreading with airy textures. It replaces emollients like D5 and isohexadecane and is superbly suited for dry and sensitive skin. It provides a medium to long playtime and a luminous but not glossy film.
- Confers a highly attractive combination of volatility, prolonged playtime, smooth skin feel, pleasant texture and soft finish
- Serves as an ideal replacement for petrochemical isohexadecane in face care and make-up
- Aids in offering enhanced spreadability characteristics which provides a significant advantage to many personal care formulations.
- Leaves a more pleasurable skin feel when compared to D5 and isohexadecane providing a smooth and extremely enjoyable sensory profile
- Leads to better wet and dry combing than silicones when used in shampoos
- Provides a longer-lasting conditioning effects than silicones in conditioners
- Imparts exquisite softness to the hair and even more shine than achieved with silicones
- Makes an excellent addition to hair care products formulated for sensory pleasantness and improved shine and volume
To talk to the Chemlink Specialities team about Plantasens® Flash 80 and 100, and to request samples, get in touch using the form below.
[contact-form-7 id=”1382″ title=”Chemlink Enquiry Form”]